before

before

durring...

durring...
don't ask about the fur. I was doing sarah around the world pics that night, this was for iceland

Saturday, October 27, 2007

getting psyched before WI

Now, surely I am not alone in this odd behaviour, but for everyone else's I kindof hope I am. You see, I have this tendency to get horribly psyched up before wi. I wake up with a similar apprehension I would have before writing a tough final, with that overwhelming sense of butterflies in the stomach. Obsessively, I'll go over everything I ate the night before, cringing at some of the poorer choices we all tend to make on a Friday. Standing in line to be weighed is the worst. I attend a Saturday morning wi that is fairly busy (I think it is at least - I guess 35-40 people show up, sounds busy-ish to me). Usually by the time I get there, there is a sizable line. The 5-10 minutes I wait in line are just brutal. I find myself trying to think skinny thoughts, doing minor exercises in line hoping they might make a 0.1 difference, trying to force myself to sweat out that superfluous starbucks from the previous night. It all gets me quite worked up.

It’s funny though, because obviously I know that WI does not always reflect the work you did that week. I mean, I saw the most recent biggest loser; I know that water retention can be the culprit for anywhere from 1 to 17 extra pounds. But still, I just want so bad that scale to make me feel like I’m doing this right. I really just want to be able to take an extra paper clip (what we are given for each pound we lose) and share what I like about WW with the rest of the class (which we do upon significant weight lost gains (is that an oxymoron (sorry for the parentheses within parentheses))). I know that I should hold on to goals like the fact that my once tight jeans are losing up or the fact that I can know run an extra a few extra songs before needing a walk break. I know these things. But nevertheless, the scale is still what dictates my state of mind regarding my relation to this program.

So, long story short. I WI in 45 minutes, best of luck to me and to anyone else who shares a Saturday morning WI – and to everyone else for that matter as well.

Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Great blog!

Best of luck on your weight loss journey!

http://www.victoriasweightlossjourney.blogspot.com