before

before

durring...

durring...
don't ask about the fur. I was doing sarah around the world pics that night, this was for iceland

Friday, October 26, 2007

A few more things before bed

Ok, so partially this is just to pad my blog numbers...but I realized that I need to say a few words about where my blog name came from.

Not going to lie, it has a slightly lame origin. Some may remember, but I'm sure most have forgot, but some time ago there was a boy band called LFO. Probably best known for their hit 'summer girls,' they also had another song called 'Girl on TV." In this should be classic, there was a line which went, 'the girl in the green dress, she took my breath away.' And yes, my friends, that is where this name comes from. You see, in my teenage foolishness, I had a slight celebrity crush on the secondary singer (his name might have been jeff), and so I always fancied myself as that girl in the green dress. Now while I'm fairly positive that, in fact, it was Jennifer Love Hewit in the video, I always imagined that I could at least be a girl in a green dress, who could take a breath away. And so, this is what I would like this journey to culminate, that perfect green dress (as an autumned coloured girl I do have to admit I look good in green). Hopefully, one day I will look perfect in that perfect green dress (which I don't actually own yet) and also hopefully one day I will master technology (an inability that does have a tendency to go hand in glove with my field of study) and be able to post that elusive picture of myself and that dress.

so curtousy of the Light Funky Ones,

good night

Sarah

No comments: